Sometimes we need easy….elegant AND yummy but EASY and this appetizer of endive, prosciutto, and parmigiano-reggiano cheese drizzled with a delicious truffle oil is just that……especially the deliciousness part!
When I think of warm summer nights and long casual evenings on the patio with family and friends, lots of appetizers always come to mind. They go with the flow of the evening and allow everyone to graze and enjoy while sipping a beautiful glass of wine and drinking in the moment.
We do a lot of entertaining during this time of year and so with the appetizer theme comes the need for having easy and universal dishes so I can join my guests in savoring the magic of the evening.
This appetizer was inspired from a Tuscan Farmhouse we stayed at back in 2012. The owner/chef was treating us to a special tasting of her favorite Tuscan vintage and brought out truffle-oil rubbed crostini, fresh cut prosciutto and local pecorino cheese. Somehow that moment brought together the perfect pairing of a bite of food and a taste of wine. Since that moment, I felt the need to recreate it…..both literally and in my dreams, I hope you enjoy.
- 3 Heads of Endive, Spears Only
- 12 Slices of Prosciutto, Halved
- Parmigiano-Reggiano, Shaved
- Good Quality Truffle Oil
- Cracked Black Pepper
- On a platter, arrange endive spears, arrange prosciutto over spears and add desired amount of shaved parmigiano-reggiano. Drizzle a nice amount of truffle oil and a little cracked black pepper.
- Serve immediately with a delicious wine!